UPDATE: We raised £1340!!!
I expect many of you have seen the gnomes being made on Great Pottery Throwdown episode 5. Mine were all based on old friends. What may not have been super clear is that one of them is in a wheelchair – that’s my mate Matt.
I’ve known Matt for 25 years, and his brothers too. All have a condition called Muscular Dystrophy, which is a genetic disease that causes your muscles to waste away. Matt’s an amazing bloke and I’ve watched him go from walking, to walking with difficulty, to using a stick, then two sticks and now a chair. I’ve never heard him complain or moan, but it’s a painful, distressing and debilitating condition and there’s no cure.
I’m hoping this prize draw will go some way towards making the world a better place for those who share his condition. I’m giving away this lovely teapot and yunomi set, and for every 200 draw tickets sold I’ll add another prize. So the more tickets sold, the more winners there will be.
About the charity
Muscular Dystrophy UK (previously known as the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign) is the charity bringing individuals, families and professionals together to fight muscle-wasting conditions.
Notes on the prize draw
- You can buy as many tickets as you like. Each will be entered separately into the draw giving you more chances
- I will announce whenever 200 tickets are sold on instagram and showcase the added prize. I’m not sure what it will be yet, it could be anything from a mug to a fruit bowl
- DONE – there’s now an extra prize!!!
- The draw closes on the 9th of march. The winning ticket will be drawn on the 11th of March I’m hoping to do this live on instagram if possible.
- The government technically classes raffles as gambling. This means they are not eligible for gift aid and also means I have to run a ‘prize draw’ instead. The difference is that I have to allow free entry on request. If you message me on instagram asking to be entered for free with your full name, address and email address, I’ll enter you for free. I realise some people are skint, but remember however that this is a charity draw for a good cause.
- Draw tickets are non-refundable
Where will my money go?
- My payment gateway (the thing that processes the credit cards etc) charges up to 45p for a £5 sale depending on the card used. This is out of my control. I will donate all money received minus these processing costs which means at least £4.45 of each ticket price will go to the charity Muscular Dystrophy UK
- I will pay UK postage. If the winner is outside the UK, I will go 50/50 with them on the shipping cost. I really hope the winner is not in Antartica.
This prize draw has been organised as part of the Great Charity Pot and Print Fair. There are tons of others participating. Check them out!